Iylos Mirdan is from Amkethran, a Desert City near the border of Tethyr. He is a very serious man at first glance, but a second shows that he has an ironic, slightly twisted sense of humour which doesn't exactly fit with one's general idea of a monk. He fights offensively and aggressively, seeking out the weakness of an opponent before taking them out as quickly and efficiently as possible, and possesses a somewhat sour disposition.
He has never had a family, and was trained as a monk in the Monastery in Amkethran. He is totally devoted to the Monastery, and to a lesser extent Balthazar.
He is confident in his abilities, and can get angry quite easily – he circumnavigates this problem using his monk training, but he is easily riled up. When he joins the party, he makes no pretences of friendship, and bluntly tells you he was sent to find out your intentions. He will not join an evil character.
The mod includes:
- Content for Baldurs Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
- 5-6 PC Iylos initiated dialogues
- 4-5 Scenery dialogues
- Approximately 3,000 lines of dialogue
- Over 120 lines of voiced dialogue - A chat-pack based on JCompton's flirtpack technology
- A small flirtpack for those who like to flirt!
- 2-3 Banters with all Bioware NPCs
- Cross-mod banters with many Mod NPCs, available in the Crossmod Banter Pack at G3
- Interjections and comments throughout ToB and Watcher's Keep
- Many new personal items usable only by Iylos
- A portrait made by K'aeloree
- An alternate portrait by Ilmatar
- Two themesongs composed and recorded by Kat 'theacefes' Bella