"When asked about his past, ARATH smiles and artfully avoids the question. From what you can gather, he was born in Athkatla, the son of a wealthy nobleman, and grew up in relative peace until he discovered his father's ties to the slave trade. Furious at his father's involvement in people-trafficking, he ran away, eventually joining the local Druid Grove and studying to become a druid himself. Arath is quick both on his feet and in his speech, words tumbling out often before he can finish the last, and has a marked appreciation for the beauty of nature. Though he is in his mid-twenties, he exudes a confidence and charisma of one far older than his years would suggest. His eyes sparkle as you probe him with questions, but he does not answer them, saying only that he feels no need to recount the past when the present is so much more interesting."
Arath is a complex, self-assured, humorous and somewhat hedonistic druid who, on the surface, cares for little else beyond himself and his love for nature. He loves the human form, both male and female, and isn't afraid to be direct about what he wants -- though he's not always successful in getting it, much to his chagrin. He has a passionate hate for aberrations, the undead and anything else that falls beyond the natural scheme of things, and he has some rather complex and occasionally contradictory beliefs.
- an opinionated, quirky new Druid NPC
- many banters with BioWare NPCs (3+ throughout SoA/ToB)
- many talks on a variety of in-game plots and ideas
- commentary throughout the game on the PC's quest
- joins during the slaver line of quests in Chapter 2
- a new quest in late SoA
- a unique romance spanning SoA and ToB
- an extensive friendship with any PC not romancing him
- original portrait by Lady Lesatho
- original music by theacefes